Geophysical survey consultancy
We offer international geophysical consultancy services for all types of site investigation, both on land and overwater.
In order to provide you with the best service, we provide consultancy services for geophysical site investigations. Unlike other geophysical service providers, we can assure you that we are totally independent of any geophysical contractors. As geophysical consultants, we can provide you with totally unbiased and independent advice about the usefulness and benefits of geophysical ground investigation for your site. We are free to select the most appropriate geophysical contractor(s) for a job in order to provide you with the highest-quality data possible and the most applicable results that best suit your needs. We do not acquire geophysical data ourselves but engage suitably qualified specialist contractors to work to our survey designs and specifications
Our highly-qualified staff are experienced in survey specification, processing and interpretation of all common geophysical ground investigation methods, including:
- Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR).
- Electrical Resistivity Tomography (ERT) and Vertical Electrical Soundings (VES).
- Induced Polarisation & Self-Potential techniques.
- Electro-Magnetic (EM) ground conductivity mapping (including airborne surveys).
- Micro-gravity surveying.
- Magnetic single-sensor and gradiometric surveys.
- Radiometric surveys.
- Seismic reflection (single- and multi-channel, on land and overwater).
- Hydrographic techniques (Multi-beam and dual-frequency echo sounders, side-scan sonar).
- Seismic refraction.
- Multi-channel Analysis of Surface Waves (MASW).
- Continuous Surface Wave (CSW) surveying.
If you would like more details of these techniques, download our FREE Technical Summary Sheets.
Our approach to data analysis includes the collation of geophysical results with other geological, environmental and geotechnical information, where appropriate, to produce a holistic and thorough interpretation. Deliverables can be generated in a range of formats, including ESRI ArcGIS products and CAD drawings.
Our personnel are experienced in the practical application and integration of geophysical techniques within the environmental, engineering, groundwater resources and mineral exploration sectors. We can provide you with a very broad range of expert services:
- Bespoke site investigation design and specification.
- Preparation of tender and contract documentation.
- Independent contractor procurement.
- Contractor supervision.
- On-site and office-based liaison with client representatives.
- Integration of borehole logs.
- Data processing and analysis.
- Data modelling.
- Fully integrated interpretation and reporting.
- Geotechnical and environmental verification.
- Expert witness.
- Technical training.
- Technical audits of third party reports and datasets, including reprocessing and re-analysis of legacy geophysical data.
For services for the offshore renewable energy and marine geohazards sectors please see our wind farm geophysics pages.
All survey specifications for the surveys we design more than satisfy the technical requirements as set out in the Environment Agency Guidance notes (e.g. ‘Groundwater and Contaminated Land Project: Technical Aspects of Site Characterisation‘, Volume II (of IV) Text Supplements, by W. S. Atkins for the Environment Agency, HOCO 373, 2000); ASTM guidelines; and the Geological Society/CIRIA guidelines on ‘Geophysics in engineering investigations‘ (2002).
Call us now on +44 (0)1352 756196 or email firstname.lastname@example.org so that you can find out without any obligation how to benefit from our assistance.