Institutional earthquake contingency planning
Experience in earthquake-prone areas like Japan and California suggests that when communities know how to prepare for an earthquake, the number of casualties can be reduced by over a third compared with unprepared communities.
We offer specifically-designed training sessions to teach you how to prepare before an earthquake, know how to behave during an earthquake, and what to do after an earthquake. By undertaking suitable earthquake preparedness training you can learn how to prepare properly before an earthquake, how best to behave in an earthquake and what to do in the immediate aftermath of a major earthquake. You cannot rely on the emergency services to come and help you straight away as they will be overstretched and may take many hours before they can reach you, if at all. You need to prepare so that you can be self-sufficient for 3-5 days, as an individual, a family or work colleagues.
Amazingly, very few organisations even in the most seismically active areas of the world, perhaps with the exception of California and Japan, have an earthquake contingency plan or provide earthquake preparedness training. Many commercial companies run the risk of their business failing after an earthquake if they do not have a suitable contingency plan or train their staff adequately to prepare for a major earthquake.
Our courses were first developed for the staff and families of the British Embassy in Tehran, Iran. Subsequently, they have been presented to many organisations, such as banks, other diplomatic missions, private companies, UN agencies and schools, not only in Iran but also in Nepal and Romania. Many hundreds of people have benefitted from these courses.
See below for comments from previous British Embassy course attendees:
- “Excellent course – well presented; really professional with detailed information.”
- “I feel less afraid because I’m more aware of earthquakes and their effects and how I can make a difference!”
- “A good mix of serious talk and humour meant I was engaged throughout the course.”
- “Very informative and useful.”
- “I’ll take earthquake procedures more seriously now.”
- “Enlightening and enjoyable and very interesting.”
- “Thank you. This course was great.”
- “t has improved my understanding of what is expected from me and what actions I should take.”
- “Great course altogether!”
- “Well organised and thought provoking – excellent course”
- “Thanks – simply great!”
Call us now on +44 (0)1352 756196 or email firstname.lastname@example.org so that you can find out without any obligation how your company or organisation can benefit from our earthquake preparedness training.